1. How Long Have You Been In The Rap Industry?
Been writing since I was 11 years old but I didn’t start recording my stuff until I got to college.
2. Who Are Your Major Influences In Your Music?
A lot of 90’s and a lot of West Coast stuff. But some specific artists would be Eminem, Tupac, Nas, Snoop Dogg, J Cole, and Kendrick Lamar.
3. What Is Your First Single? – Or What Single Do You Have Out Now?
The main single I got out right now is called Special, out on all platforms
4. Who Do You Have On Your Album?
I haven’t been too focused on an album as of right now. My main goal is to keep releasing music and build my catalog. I want to wait for the right time to really put out a quality album.
5. How Did You Get Into The Rap Industry?
I wasn’t really a happy kid growing and one day in middle school I happened to listen to When I’m Gone by Eminem which blew my mind at the time and from then I thought to myself that I could do this with my own little spin to it.
6. Where Were You Born? – Where Do You Live Now?
I was born in Bogotá, Colombia but currently I live right here in Miami.
7. Who Would You Like To Work With That You Haven’t Already?
On a big scale, I would love to work with J Cole or anyone from Dreamville, to be honest. And as far as locally, I’m willing to work with anybody as long as the vibe right. Denzel Curry would be crazy collaboration too.
8. Who Is Your Favorite Rapper You Like Right Now?
I really like JID, his songs are dope and rapping is just off the charts from what I’ve been hearing lately.
09. Who Do You Think Is The Hottest Producer Out? – What Would You Say To That Producer On Why They Should Work With You?
Tay Keith and Kenny Beats kind of been the most active from my perspective at least, as far as newer producers go. I would say to them that I’m very versatile and I will murder any song you want me on… and also I respect and love your work.
10. How Did You Come Up With Your Album Title?
Well it’s not an album a small EP with two songs and both songs share both sides of my personality and that’s why it’s called Duality
11. What Is Your Favorite Song On Your Album?
My favorite song of mine is Mystic coming out Nov. 8th Friday
12. Which Song On Your Album Means The Most Too You?
As of right now, a single that means the most to me is Hero on SoundCloud
13. Who Are You Signed With?
14. When Is Your Album Release Date?
I don’t have an album on the way just yet
15. What Cities Do You Plan On Touring?
I plan to start locally first and play at places all around South Florida.
16. What Female Rapper Or Artist Do You Think Is The Sexiest?
I would say that Megan Thee Stallion is mighty fine
17. What Would You Like To See From The Music Industry Over The Next Year?
Just more authenticity. Too many people just try to force somethings and be something they’re not like just be you.
18. What Is Your Second Single Going To Be?
I actually got a couple that would explain the Lighter and Darker version of who I am so right now its a debate on which I’m feeling the most.
19. If You Could Compare Yourself To An Already Established Artist, Who Would That Be And Why?
I don’t really compare myself to anybody if I’m being honest, there’s only one of me and there’s only gonna be one of me.
20. What Do You Think Your Listeners Will Get Out Of Your Music?
I think those people who listen will find something real, relatable and it will give them something to latch on to so that they can have the fortitude to make through their days. I’m just tryna return the favor of what hip hop did for me.
21. What Were You Thinking About When Your Songs Are Developed? Explain Your Process?
Usually, i think of a concept and then I just build around with my lyrics, whether it be a story a message I’m trying to send.
22. Who Got You Started In The Rap Industry?
Me, I’ve had people help along the way don’t get me wrong, but I was the only one in my family that chose this route.
23. What Made You Want To Get Into The Music Business?
I can’t see myself doing anything else. All throughout college I was doing music on the side, hosting studio sessions, performing, and writing while at the same time pursuing a professional degree.
24. How Does Your Family Feel About Your Music And Your Choice Of Career?
They not too sure about it but I’ve been dead serious about it for a while now so they’ve kind of accepted it as long as I put in the work.
25. What Is The Most Difficult Thing You’ve Had To Endure In Life?
My family going through rough patch that’s nothing like what we’ve ever dealt with and it’s affecting all of us right now. As far as in years past, just a shit ton of bullying and fake shit growing up.
26. What Do You Hope To Accomplish With Your Music?
A place for my own, my parents, taking care of my Lil cousins and cementing myself as a leader of this music.
27. What’s The Demographic You Are Trying To Reach Out To?
Probably like high school ages to like people in their 20’s
28. How Do You Usually Come Up With Your Songs?
When I listen to a beat I just mumbling something catchy and when a clear idea of it I write out and just build from there
29. What Is Your Goal And Height That You Want To Reach With Your Music?
As far as I can possibly go, right now I don’t feel like I have a ceiling so I’m about whatever.
30. What Influenced You Outside Of Hip Hop Rap That Have Helped You Form Your Style?
My coaches from back when I was an athlete, they really helped not just with sports but just as a human being and a man as well.
31. How Can People Reach You?
My Instagram is @droyal305, twitter is @d_royal305, Soundcloud is soundcloud.com/droyal305. Look for my single Special out on all platforms
Spread the love