1. How Long Have You Been In The Rap Industry?
I’ve been rapping independently for over 15 years now.
2. Who Are Your Major Influences In Your Music?
God first my manager my Mother and baby brother. They’re no longer here on earth. They recently passed away three years apart. My manager is still alive.
3. What Is Your First Single? – Or What Single Do You Have Out Now?
My first single is called “Hell Naw No You Ain’t” https://www.facebook.com/whatsupproductionspresentspopeyee/videos/476903836221475/?vh=e&extid=m5E1ha2bvFa9rSGb&d=n Theres a video for it on my Facebook page YouTube.
My new single I’m pushing now is called “Bring That Azz Over Here” https://youtu.be/95A0Rn2Nnlc .
My single is here for sale @ https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/bring-that-azz-over-here-single/1271148292 . Thanks in advance😊🙏🏾💪🏾😎💯
4. Who Do You Have On Your Album?
As a local artist, I have a group called the Looney Bin. I’ve been working for over 20 years. We have a couple of collaborations. We’re all local artists.
5. How Did You Get Into The Rap Industry?
I was consistent with my workflow. I also try to stay in the public’s eye. Social media etc. I’m all over the internet platforms.
6. Where Were You Born? – Where Do You Live Now?
I was born and raised in Chicago and relocated to Richmond Virginia.
7. Who Would You Like To Work With That You Haven’t Already?
Timberland or Dr. Dre.
8. Who Is Your Favorite Rapper You Like Right Now?
FBG Duck from Chicago.
09. Who Do You Think Is The Hottest Producer Out? – What Would You Say To That Producer On Why They Should Work With You?
Mike will make my opinion is one of the hottest producers in the game right now. What I like about Mike Will Make. He steps out the box on his production. That’s what makes him different from other producers. I am the same way with my music. I bring entertainment to my creativity. He and I know we could come up with a banging hit platinum record.
10. How Did You Come Up With Your Album Title?
Funny you might ask but I was lit in the studio and I had tons of track I was going threw and this track caught my attention. B
11. What Is Your Favorite Song On Your Album?
12. Which Song On Your Album Means The Most Too You?
Know yourself, I stepped out of my comfort zone. I purchased this song as a lease from a producer I can’t remember, but it’s been a while and I feel the song has a potential hit. I want to make sure once this song takes off everyone gets paid.
13. Who Are You Signed With?
I was signed to What’s Up Productions.
I’m not signing with no one. I’m signed to myself.
14. When Is Your Album Release Date?
My album release date is the Middle of the year of 2021. I have my E.P. Release before 2020 ends.
15. What Cities Do You Plan On Touring?
I plan to tour California, Florida, Texas, New York. To be honest I want to travel the world. I want to go overseas and perform.
16. What Female Rapper Or Artist Do You Think Is The Sexiest?
I love me some Cardi B. She looks like she has a good heart and personality inside and out.
17. What Would You Like To See From The Music Industry Over The Next Year?
I would like to see me elevate to the next level and make a living off my music and creativity.
18. What Is Your Second Single Going To Be?
My second single going to be called “Know Yourself” .
19. If You Could Compare Yourself To An Already Established Artist, Who Would That Be And Why?
I compare myself to Nelly. Nelly steps out his comfort zone and make good music.
20. What Do You Think Your Listeners Will Get Out Of Your Music?
They gone eat it like a free meal. They will embrace me and my music. I can’t wait!!!
21. What Were You Thinking About When Your Songs Are Developed? Explain Your Process?
What I think about it when my song is developed is amazing. I feel goosebumps and chills while the song is getting mix down and mastered in the studio. I get a lot of compliments about my music.
22. Who Got You Started In The Rap Industry?
I got myself into it. I believe In myself and God is handling the rest.
23. What Made You Want To Get Into The Music Business?
I love entertaining people. I’m a street dancer and rap artist. I like the positive reaction about my showmanship.
24. How Does Your Family Feel About Your Music And Your Choice Of Career?
They can’t wait until I make it successful in my career.
25. What Is The Most Difficult Thing You’ve Had To Endure In Life?
The loss of my baby brother and mother. My mother told me not to give up on my music. Stay true to myself and never change. My baby brother told me one day. I’m will be famous. I’m pursuing my career and never giving up.
26. What Do You Hope To Accomplish With Your Music?
I hope to accomplish great wealth to help, change other people’s lives.
I had a hard knock life and to be a walking testament and tell my story to everyone all over. That’s priceless and I see my time is coming. To convey my story to the world!
27. What’s The Demographic You Are Trying To Reach Out To?
My music will reach all ages around the world. I’m sure the number will be up.
28. How Do You Usually Come Up With Your Songs?
Depending on my mood and how I feeling.
29. What Is Your Goal And Height That You Want To Reach With Your Music?
The sky is the limit. I want to go far as God wants me too.
30. What Influenced You Outside Of Hip Hop Rap That Has Helped You Form Your Style?
Nobody but God. A lot of folks doubted me and told me I couldn’t do it. Look at God’s work now. I’m elevating and I know people see it.
31. How Can People Reach You?
You can reach me @
@iyampopeyee on Facebook
@iyampopeyee on Instagram
@iyampopeyee on Twitter
What’s Up Productions presents Popeyee on YouTube.
You can find my music for sale here
Thank you for pledging your support.
Spread the love